Friday, September 5, 2014

Flower Power Grading Pens

I am sure we all have seen silk flower pens before at either a friends house, a business, or even at home. Silk flower pens have literally changed my school year and my kids LOVE them!

One of my biggest challenges with the students last year was grading their paper with another color pen.  The students I had last year were very clever and tried every trick in the book with me and it came to a point where I was grading the majority of their papers and they didn't have the opportunity to check and review their work.  However, this year, I made a promise that my students were going to do the majority of the grading and have the opportunity to correct their mistakes.  Also, I have become a bit smarter, since this is my second year, and now my students don't have a choice but to use the "FLOWER PENS" when grading their papers! Lastly, these pens make a very cute decor addition to my desk! 

 So now when we grade papers, they all have the same red daisy pen and I can tell exactly who is grading their paper and who is not! The best part of this is seeing all these red daisies around the room!

The flower pens I made, were not as nice as the picture below...(I will post a picture when I get a chance), I ended up going to the DOLLAR TREE and picked up some red silk flowers. Then, at HOBBY LOBBY, I picked up some green duct tape, and lastly, at TARGET, I bought a huge box of red pens.

Within the hour, I had 18 or so beautiful red daisy pens that looked/look amazing! :)


After seeing my kids just love these pens, I actually went back to the DOLLAR TREE and picked up more of these flowers and taped them around several pencils. I leave a huge cup of flower SHARPENED pencils, so during class, if a student needs to sharpen their pencil they may just grab one of mine! Also, this has eliminated the noisy pencil sharpener during guided practice times! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment